How to Attach an Air Compressor to a Paint Sprayer?
Advantages of Using an Air Compressor:
- Powerful -Air-compressed sprayers are powerful enough to handle even thick paints.
- Efficient -The sprayers can increase your coverage.
- No Mixing -Using an air-compressor reduces the number of things to mix together, thus increasing your efficiency.
- Great Quality -The sprayers will do a much better job at producing quality finish than using traditional brushes or rollers.
- Energy Efficient -The sprayer is a compact unit that uses a small engine thus making it energy efficient.
- Less Tiring -Paining with air-compressed sprayers is less tiring for the painter and more effective in the long run.
What You Will Need:
- Air compressor – Air compressor may run on electricity or by a petrol engine. These compressors are used to compress air as the name suggests. The compressor pumps air from the large external tank to a smaller internal tank. The pressurized air is what is used to supply paint to the spray gun in this case.
- Air hose – Air hose is attached to the air compressor to connect the air hose to the spraygun.
- Spray gun -The spray gun is the body that connects to the air hose.
What Benefits Does an Air Compressor Give a Paint Sprayer?
The difference between a paint spraying tool and the original paint brush is that the latter needs the labor and time to do the job while the former does not. The sprayer requires simple setting and then it does the job. If you do not have a compressor, then the task of painting will be done the hard way.
The good thing about air compressors is that they provide you with a powerful energy to help your tasks be done quickly and efficiently. An air compressor gives a hand in the modification of a paint sprayer to smooth the surfaces, and it also helps a lot in the cleaning of the paint sprayer after the usage.
An air compressor is a built-in component of the sprayer. When you plug it in, it will supply it with an energy source and you will be able to start the painting task. The energy of an air compressor is provided by the powerful motor. Without it, you will not be able to create anything, even if you use a paint sprayer.
If the painting that you want to do is a big task for you, then you are more likely to use a compressor. You can use it even if the painting project is not big but the difference is that it will be done faster.
Guide on what Air Compressor you will need for a Paint Sprayer
Air Compressors are designed to deliver a constant supply of air at a set pressure, which is usually measured in pounds per square inch (psi). The higher the ounce of pressure being delivered at a constant flow, the greater the volume of air is capable of pushing through the system.
Air compressors are typically used with paint sprayers, especially high-volume paint sprayers to deliver an air supply on demand. Air compressors are not built to perform the task of delivering large amounts of air to the sprayer over a continuous period.
Air compressors can perform the same function but requires more maintenance and attention to detail. The design capacity of an air compressor for paint sprayers is typically 10 gallons per minute (gpm) maximum.
A sufficient air compressor for use with a paint sprayer must be able to produce the maximum capacity during the paint spraying operation and maintain this capacity for extended periods throughout the painting job.
Also, a sufficient air compressor for use with a paint sprayer must be able to continue delivering the required capacity at the air pressure without failing. This is simply put, a sufficient air compressor for paint spraying with a paint sprayer is capable of starting up, delivering the maximum output pressure and then maintaining an output pressure on demand without failing.
Are there any Other ways you can use a Paint Sprayer?
There are a lot of other uses for a paint sprayer. It can be used for cleaning below the kitchen and bathroom sinks, for cleaning the garage floor, washing Windows and many more cleaning projects.
One of the best things about the paint sprayer is that it is so versatile. You can use it for a lot of different things and not for what it was actually intended. If you are looking for something simple, inexpensive and easy, then the paint sprayer is a great choice.