As cannabis growers, you want to grow your cannabis plant indoors and you want to keep growing your lady (or whatever your favorite sex is) for as long as possible.
To achieve this, you need to secure the area where you will be growing indoors and make sure no prying eyes from anybody looking at your grow spot can see anything that is going on in the grow room.
To help growers keep a low profile all over the world, we are going to review 10 of the best weed barriers for the money you can find today.
We will examine each one carefully and give you our professional review and recommendations so you can make a decision that you will feel comfortable with.
It should be noted that the products mentioned below are not sold for the purpose of growing marijuana.
Here are the best weed barriers in 2022.
1. Dewitt 4-Foot by 50-Foot 12-Year Weed Barrier Fabric 12YR450
- 4-feet by 50-feet length
- Comes in 5 widths
- Made from heavy-duty polypropylene
- Can be used for other projects besides paving
- UV protection
- Can be safely used in harsh weather
- Great resistance to chemicals
- Can be cut or welded
- Easily reusable
If you’re looking for a safe and easy way to pave your walkway, driveway, patio, driveway, or garden, then this great 12-year weed barrier fabric might be just what you’re looking for.
Available in 5 different widths – all of them reasonably wide – it couldn’t be easier to cover your path in this weed barrier fabric. The widths available are 12-feet, 16-feet, 20-feet, 23-feet, 36-feet.
This weed barrier fabric is designed for paving. That means that it will resist the sun and will protect the ground underneath from erosion and weed growth.
2. ArmorLay Commercial Grade Ground Stabilization Fabric
- Can be used to keep moisture from reaching the ground
- Extremely durable and strong
- Resilient to crack and weather damage
- Doesn’t need a lot of equipment for installation
- Doesn’t need chemical treatment
- Stays firmly in place, even with heavy objects resting on it
- Can withstand heavy foot traffic
- Water resistant
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Affordable for an all-weather protection fabric
ArmorLay Commercial Grade Ground Stabilization Fabric, Underlayment is perfect for weed barrier. It’s made in order to be straightforward and easy to install.
The fabric’s heavy-duty, and stitched together through an eight-strand polyurethane coated fabric. ArmorLay waterproof/water resistant underlayment is heat sealed to stay repel water from the ground. And the polyethylene material can withstand whatever environmental elements.
As a perfect weed barrier, Armorlay Ground Stabilization Fabric can be used for various purposes. It can reduce tripping hazards, prevent heat loss and soil erosion, protect against weed growth and can be installed on concrete surfaces. Its manufacturing also includes the use of chemicals free in its process.
3. ECOgardener Premium 5oz Pro Garden Weed Barrier Landscape Fabric Durable & Heavy-Duty Weed Block Gardening Mat
- Lightweight and compact
- Built to last
- Enough fabric for 50 square feet
The ECOgardner Premium Pro Garden Weed Barrier not only looks great, but is also built to last for a long time. It’s a pretty lightweight fabric, but it’s durable, and it’ll last for years to come.
We also are impressed by the fabric’s thickness, as it’s made with double-layer for improved weed block.
Unless your garden is on the larger side, the 100-ft roll should be more than enough for a large garden. When you set up the fabric, you have to bury the edges as it won’t adhere on its own.
4. DeWitt SBLT4300 Sunbelt Ground Cover Weed Barrier
- Fast to Install
120-Gram Weight, Polyethylene Material.
The DeWitt SBLT4300 Sunbelt Ground Cover is a thin, lightweight weed barrier that’s designed to be quickly and easily installed. It’s considered to be among the best weed barriers on the market for most people with lawns.
This weed barrier is made from polyethylene material, which makes it very lightweight. It’s also permeable, which helps it breath.
5. Dewitt SBLT3300 Sunbelt Ground Cover Weed Barrier
Designed with a water vapor permeable polyethylene and low-density polyethylene weight of 1.2 pounds per linear foot
Handles moderate traffic, carts and forklift traffic.
There are quite a number of weed barriers out there. And unfortunately, they are not all of the best of quality. That’s why it’s important to choose wisely. Dewitt is one of the best brands out there, and the SBLT3300 Ground Cover Weed Barrier is one of the best choices for a weed barrier.
6. Mutual WF200 Polyethylene Woven Geotextile Fabric
- Great for covering larger areas
- Excellent price point
- Can be easily cut to the right size
- Doesn’t kill lawn grass
Finally, we come to geotextiles. The first product we’d like to present you with is this awesome product from Mutual.
Weed barrier products are usually made of fiberglass, plastic, or mulch. In terms of weed control, however, fiberglass is the poorest of the three options. While fiberglass is porous enough to let air and water through, it’s not porous enough to prevent diseases or pests from infiltrating your garden.
That’s why we strongly believe that if you want a quality weed barrier product, you should opt for this woven geotextile from Mutual. Made from 100% UV-stabilized polyethylene, this clever weed barrier will help keep your garden free of weeds for (very) long time.
7. AHG Garden Weeds 3ft x 300ft / 20 YR Premium Series Landscape Fabric
- Highly durable weed blocker when used properly
- Low cost
- Easy to cut
- Stretches well along the ground
- Difficult to form curves
- Cannot dig through weed block
- Cannot be used in gardens
- Can grow mold when stored in a damp area
- Not chemical resistant
If you need a weed barrier for a temporary fix, this one by AHG should work well for you.
The perfect material for those on a tight budget but who want to get rid of the weeds in their yard.
The thickness of the landscape fabric is 6.3mm thick.
8. Easy Gardener 3103 3×150 Natural Burlap Weed Barrier Fabric
The fabric has a natural look which blends in with the grass. This ensures that your view is not ruined.
It has a high-quality heavy-duty fabric that is not easily damaged. Therefore, it can maintain its form for a longer period.
When it comes to putting down these weed barriers, many people make the mistake of using these products to cover their entire lawn. This can be more expensive than you think. Instead, consider how much it would cost you if you were to lay down weed barriers on the section of lawn that you intend to plant the new grass. This will help you to save money in the long run.
9. Agfabric Landscape Ground Cover 6x100ft Heavy Duty PP Woven Weed Barrier,Soil Erosion Control and UV stabilized
- Very heavy duty PP woven fabric
- Very heavy duty PP woven fabric UV stabilizer PP yarns
- UV stabilizer PP yarns Comes in 100” x 10” rolls
- Comes in 100” x 10” rolls Includes a 10-year guarantee and a 30-day money back guarantee
- Includes a 10-year guarantee and a 30-day money back guarantee Available in different widths, colors and lengths
- A bit heavy
- A bit heavy Arrives folded
- You want to grow your own veggies but you’re afraid of weeds?
Try the AgFabric Landscape Heavy Duty Soil. They’re recyclable and made from a polypropylene material that’s UV stabilized. They’re guaranteed to prevent weeds for 10 years.
No more cultivating, no more hoeing and no more weeding today, tomorrow or in 10 years… No more fertilizing or spraying.
They’re designed to protect against soil erosion. They’re available in different colors, widths, lengths and roll sizes.
10. Scotts 25-Year Pro Fabric
- Sturdy fabric
- Full 3 feet wide
- Lengthy roll means you can cut to the size you need
- Great for grassy and sandy areas
- Not optimal for sloped areas or areas with leaves
- Requires heavy weed trimmers to cut
No list of the best weed barrier in 2020 would be complete without Scotts Fabric. When it comes to quality and reliability, Scotts really is the top dog.
That’s because Scotts weed barrier has been around for nearly five decades. Over that time, they’ve perfected which special formula they use in these fabric sheets to make them the most resistant to weed and flower growth that you can find.
The fabric also features special printing that hides when you’re applying it on your lawn. When you’re looking for a weed barrier that will keep your grass looking green and vibrant, there’s no better option than this.
Hobby or commercial farmers don’t have a lot of choices in weed barriers that last. In fact, there’s only a few that are capable of lasting. So, we have scoured the internet to review the best weed barriers for 2022. This list is a mix of woven and non-woven weed barriers. There are also plastic and fabric weed barriers.