Forget grass or turf mower blades. This is all about cutting the grass.
Ill-fitting mower blades are a real problem. Using the wrong type of blade in your mower can not only lead to uneven cuts and irregular wear, but mowing with the wrong blade can also cause premature wear and tear on your mower.
It’s not just the price of an expensive mower that’s at stake here: it’s the cost of maintaining your mower. If you are looking to buy the best lawn mower blades and are unsure where to look, or even what to look for, take a look at the list below—I’ve done the research for you, and compiled some of the best mower blades to buy in 2022.
What’s more, I’ve put together a handy buyer’s guide to give you a little bit of background information; answer some of the more commonly-asked questions about mower blades; as well as provide you with some handy mower blade installation tips.
|Toro 22" Recycler Mower Replacement Blade 59534P Display pack contains 131-4547-03||Best Overall|
|Maxpower 331740B Mower Blade||Budget Pick|
|Honda HRR Blade Set 72531-VE2-020||Upgrade Pick|
1. Toro 22" Recycler Mower Replacement Blade 59534P Display pack contains 131-4547-03
- Cost efficient
- Simple to Install
- Perfect size for the Toro Recycler 21162
- Time Saver
- Quality Blade
- Simple to adjust if blade got loose
- Has a bigger surface
- Longer Blades For Easy To Cut Tall Grass
- Very Sharp Blades
- Has TWO Blades
- No problems with this item.
- Not recommended for use on other brands of mowers.
Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars by 15 customers
We really appreciate that this blade doesn’t bend. It cuts grass very well, and mulches well. It cuts down the time you spend mowing. It’s definitely worth the price. It’s the right size for our Toro Recycler 21162 mower.
If you’re looking for a square blade blade, highly recommend this item. It’s designed to fit the toro recycler model. It’s cheaper than buying from Home Depot or Lowes and looks like a higher quality blade. We really appreciate that it has two blades.
2. Honda 08720-VH7-000 Mulching Blade Set
- Will not get rusty over time unlike many blades
- Made from durable steel
- Featured with a 5.5”
- They glide over grass smoothly and evenly
- Stimulates healthy growth and thicker grass
- Will tend to accumulate grass underneath the deck
- Only compatible with 7200 series mowers
Here’s a pair of mower blades that will ensure your lawn suffers no more damage while you’re trimming the grass! This pair of professional carbon steel blades from Honda is made with a razor sharp precision ground. The product will not get rusty and will help your mower to glide over grass smoothly and evenly.
It also facilitates healthy growth of the grass.
3. MaxPower 561739B 2-Blade Set
- Equipped with two cutters
- Fits a wide variety of lawn mowers, even some with a 54" cutting deck!
- Works with most brands
- Dual durability without sacrificing performance
- Great price
- Not designed for some lawn mowers (example: Husqvarna PG 460 R42)
- Has to be put on with the help of a wrench
- The fit will be perfect for some brands and off center for others
- They do not fit some Husqvarna mowers, at least at the time of the writing of this article.
Who says you can’t find cheap replacement blades? These replacement blades from Maxpower are one of the best costing only a few dollars. They do not fit the Husqvarna mowers mentioned in the “Cons” section, but if you have a compatible mower, then these are a great replacement, especially for the price.
4. Honda HRR Blade Set 72531-VE2-020
- Easy to replace
- Ideal for a Honda mower
Honda great brand of outdoor equipment, and they produce some of the best garden equipment available. The company has a reputation for producing quality products that run efficiently and last for a long time.
This blade set is made from a durable material that resists damage from rain and prevents rust. The high-quality steel friction you’ll find with this set will make for a quiet mower, while also providing a clean cut.
The blade set comes with everything you need for installation, including a hardware tool and instructions. All you have to do is make sure that this blade set is compatible with your model of mower. If you’re in the process of buying a new Honda mower, deciding whether to buy this blade set or not is a rather easy choice.
5. Maxpower 331740B Mower Blade
- Works perfectly and saves you money
- Blades work well
- Lasts for a long time
- Does not rust
- Affordable replacement
- Fast and easy to install
6. EGO Power+ AB2101 21-Inch Lawn Mower High Lift Blade
- Amazingly sharp (can cut through damp grass)
- Stays sharp for a long time
- Groomed look after each use
- Assembling instructions are not clear
- Does not fit on standard lawn mowers
48-Inch by 9-Inch.
The EGO Power+ High Lift lawn mower blade is an excellent choice if you need a replacement or a spare. It’s designed to work with EGO mowers, specifically the LM2100/LM2100SP/LM2101/LM2102SP and is compatible with standard mowers. It’s also an ideal choice if you’re looking to upgrade.
This high-quality lawn mower blade is made of durable steel and is resistant to rust. It’s 48 inches in length and 21 inches in height so it has a very powerful lift.
7. MaxPower 561713B 2-Blade Set
- Includes a set with 2 sharp blades in it
- Made from high-quality steel materials
- Simple to install
- Cuts grass effectively
- Made in the USA
- Will fit 42-inch Poulan, Husqvarna, Craftsman, Roper and others
& Decker, Greenworks, Echo, Roper, Ryobi, Poulan Pro, Husqvarna and Craftsman.
8. Maxpower 561713XB Commercial Mulching 2-Blade Set
- Each Blade Is High-end Quality and Sharpness
- They Turn Most Lawns Into Gardens
- They Are A Good Value For Their Price
- They Don't Work Well On Tall Grass
- The Blades Are Made Of Cheap Plastic
With 52 reviews and a total of 4.6 stars, this is one of the best mulching mower blades on the market. These blades are designed for Craftsman, Poulan, and Husqvarnas with universal fit.
What makes these blades so good? Well, for one, they instantly turn your grass into beautiful, lush patches of greenery. They also reduce mulched grass volume. This means that you can use the mulched grass as compost later on.
These mulching mower blades come with 6.4 inches of cutting length and a 7.8 inch diameter. Being a mulching mower blade, they are made of spring steel. They can easily cut through both wet and dry grass.
9. Maxpower 561556
- Lasts a long time
- Easy to install
- Includes two blades
- Great price
- Low quality for high-end machines
- Blades could be stronger
If you’ve heard it once, you’ve heard it a hundred times: “sharp blades are the most important part of a good lawnmower.” Somehow, people might fail to realize that what good blades really mean is low-quality, easy-to-replace blades.
These blades are compatible with a number of equipment from Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, and MTD.
10. Maxpower 561545B 3-Blade Set
- Easy to install
- Affordable price point
- Fits a variety of models
- Easy to install
- Affordable price point
If you want to improve the performance of your lawn mower, this is one of the best lawn mower blade replacements you can purchase. It’s inexpensive and has a very reasonable price point.
These blades are made from hardened steel and sail-quality hardened plastic. They have a 3-blade design. The blades have a precision and extra sharp cutting system. The precision ground blades allow your mower to perform better.
The blades are only 2.75 inches in diameter and weigh about 3 pounds per blade. The max cut swath measures about 46 inches. It’s recommended that you replace your lawn mower blades about once a year.